Herbal Green Tea
most popular of all herbal teas in use today. Organic green tea
is made from the leaves of the Tea Plant
(Camellia sinensis). The leaves of this plant have been used as far back as 2700 B.C. The young leaves are fermented, semi-fermented or used green to make tea.
Studies have shown green tea
to be a wonderful and beneficial health aid with its anticancer and antioxidant effects. Tea leaves are high in fluoride and are reported to even help prevent tooth decay.
is also frequently used as an aid in weight loss.
The benefits of each herb:
- Green Tea- Camellia sinensis- powerful antioxidant effects. Believed to be a powerful anticancer agent. Commonly used to aid in weight loss.
1. Bring fresh water to a boil.
2. Add tealeaves to a teapot, fill-your-own teabag or infuser basket. Use 1 to 2 teaspoons (adjust to taste) per cup (8 oz) of water. TEA SACHET: Place tea sachet(s) in teapot or cup. Each sachet brews 1 to 2 cups (8-16 oz) of tea.
3. Pour boiling water over herbal tea. Allow water to cool slightly before brewing Green Tea, White Tea and Mate. Cover.
4. Steep leaves for approximately 5 min. Do not over steep or tea may become bitter.
5. Remove tea sachet, bag or infuser from water or strain leaves. ENJOY!
To make an iced tea, follow the steps above then allow tea to completely cool. Add ice, and you can even garnish with fresh friut or herbal plant leaves.
Brewing loose-leaf tea is as simple as brewing a teabag, only instead of a teabag, use an infuser or Fill-Your-Own teabag to keep the leaves out of your cup. You will be rewarded with a much higher quality, better tasting, and healthier brew.
All tea blends come in resealable ziplock bags containing 4oz. of fresh tea.